Check back for the date & time.
Through school-based visual art programs, students have the opportunity to create and collaborate on projects that expand on core curriculum. For more than 40 years, the Oklahoma Student Art Exhibition has supported students and teachers in public, private and parochial schools across Oklahoma. Last year, more than 1,500 entries were received through the program. With the addition of the Northeast, Northwest and South Area take-in and judging, we hope to increase the number of schools that are able to participate.
The Visual Arts Scholarship Event (VASE) grew out of the Oklahoma Student Art Exhibition to provide an additional opportunity for talented student artists to showcase their artwork and build connections with the art community in Oklahoma.
Student Art Auction
Check back for the location, date & time.
After the Oklahoma Student Art Exhibition entries are juried and selected for the display, the very best pieces are hand-selected by our judges for inclusion in the VASE auction. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each piece of artwork goes directly to the student artist with the remainder benefiting a scholarship fund open to graduating Oklahoma seniors. The one exception is the Ribbon Recycle Best of Show, where the art department from the school earning this honor will receive the entire amount of the sale.
- Addyson Gagne - Clinton Middle School
- Alexandra Caudill - Pauls Valley High School
- Alex Earnest - Carl Albert High School
- Chase Dawson - Shawnee High School
- Cinthia Tu - Pauls Valley Middle School
- Elizabeth Llanos - Roosevelt Middle School
- El Reno - Best of Show Ribbon Recycle
- Fabioloa Velosco - Putnam City High School
- Gabriela Mendez - Carl Albert High School
- Holly Ronan - Clinton Middle School
- Jaida Ledbetter - Pauls Valley High School
- Kaylee Doughty - Bethany Middle School
- Keegan Jones - Oakdale Middle School
- Nicholas Pica - Oakdale Middle School
- Nikki Vardaman - Carl Albert High School
- Olivia Keyser - Oakdale Middle School
- Rebekah Seher - Shawnee High School
- Roberta Hooper
- Samantha Johnson - Star Spencer High School
- Sarah Tyler - Woodward Middle School
- Taryn McLaughlin - Carl Albert High School
The 2017 VASE Scholarship Application is NOW AVAILABLE! Graduating seniors who are enrolled in a school that participated in the 2015 and/or 2016 Oklahoma Student Art Exhibition AND are pursuing a college degree in a visual arts related field are eligible to apply.
Three VASE Scholarships of $1,500 will be presented during this year's event.
NEW FOR 2017! The University of Central Oklahoma will match the 2017 VASE Scholarships for recipients who attend UCO in the fall of 2017! Those recipients will receive an additional $1,500 from the UCO Foundation making their scholarship award $3,000.
Congratulations to the 2016 & 2015 Scholarship Recipients:
Chase Dawson – Shawnee High School
Katie Lance – Pauls Valley High School
Larisa Alvarado – Woodward High School
Jennifer Bowman - Bethany High School
Allyson Hazelrigg - Carl Albert High School
Jae Lyn Turbyfill - Carl Albert High School
A limited number of tickets for the Visual Arts Scholarship Event will be available to the public at a cost of $30. For information on how to support the scholarship fund, contact Creative Programs.