The Oklahoma State Fair, ranked among the top State Fairs in North America and often referred to as “Oklahoma’s Premier Family Attraction,” is rich in history and heritage. Part of that heritage is the Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer Program.
Volunteer Members are critical for the successful operation of the Fair each year. Their faithful service is the backbone of the Fair and, without them, it would not be possible to provide the level of hospitality, educational programs and children’s services to our guests, that Oklahoma State Fair is known for. The services provided by OSF Volunteers ensure that our Fair is one of the biggest and best in the country!
Oklahoma State Fair volunteers provide support during the Fair and the move-in days immediately prior to and after the Fair. Each volunteer shift will be 3 to 4 hours in duration. Free Fair gate admission will be provided for each of those shifts. The option to sign up for multiple shifts is offered, and, if you work 16+ hours, you will be given a free season admission and parking pass!
One mandatory training session is required for all volunteers each year. During the training session, volunteers will receive the Fair 411 and the free Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer T-Shirt to wear while volunteering at the Fair.
OSF Volunteers Have Year-Round Fun:
Oklahoma State Fair Volunteers enjoy activities all year long. In addition to the State Fair, volunteers get together for fun and educational opportunities throughout the year including socials, dinners and development opportunities. The highlight of the year is the Appreciation Banquet in November.
In addition to all the year-round free food and fun, volunteer members enjoy the following incentives:
- Free Fair gate admission and daily parking for each of your shifts. Enjoy the time before or after working your shift at the Fair!
- Access to a convenient and restricted parking area during the Fair for easy in and easy out!
- Volunteers who fulfill a commitment of at least 16 hours during the Fair receive a Fair Season Admission and Parking Pass good for the entire Fair!
- Access to Volunteer HQ lounge during the Fair – whether working or not. Come in, take a load-off, have a snack, and relax.
- A free official Volunteer T-Shirt each year.
Early Bird Shift Registration is the first Thursday in May at the Annual Spring Fling Event here at Oklahoma State Fair Park. However, volunteers may register any time from May 5 through September 1 each year. So, don’t just come to the Fair this year, be a part of it!
Become a Volunteer!
The Oklahoma State Fair volunteer program offers a wide range of positions for our volunteer members to choose from. Join today to find your place in the FAIR!
Sign up for 16+ hours during the Fair and qualify to receive FREE parking and gate admission privileges for all 11 days during the Fair! Volunteers having worked a minimum of 16 hours during the Fair also qualify to attend the Annual Awards Banquet and other special events of the Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer Program.
- Review the Positions & Requirements information (PDF)
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Web Form
- For planning purposes regarding specific shift needs, review the Volunteer Shift Planning Form
- Register for a Mandatory Training Session
- Once you have completed the Volunteer Application and the Mandatory Training Session form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a form that lists the available volunteer shifts, and you will receive more detailed information on the next steps to complete your registration to volunteer at the Oklahoma State Fair!
Volunteers may sign up any time from May through September. Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
All volunteer members are required to attend a mandatory orientation/training session.
2013 Orientation and Training Dates:
Thursday, Sept. 5 at 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 at 10:00 a.m.
Attendance at this meeting is essential in order to receive the information necessary to perform volunteer duties. Parking passes, T-shirts and gate admission ticket(s) will be available for pick up at the training session. Any question regarding training or other facets of this program, please contact Shannon Coleman, Administrative Assistant – State Fair Division, at email@example.com.
For More Information Contact:
Shannon Coleman Administrative Assistant, State Fair Division
Phone - 405.948.6831 Fax - 405.948.6828 firstname.lastname@example.org