The Oklahoma State Fair, ranked among the top State Fairs in North America and often referred to as “Oklahoma’s Premier Family Attraction,” is rich in history and heritage. Part of that heritage is the Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer Program.
Volunteer Members are critical for the successful operation of the Fair each year. Their faithful service is the backbone of the Fair and without them, it would not be possible to provide the level of hospitality, educational programs and children’s services to our guests that Oklahoma State Fair is known for. The services provided by Oklahoma State Fair Volunteers ensure that our Fair is one of the biggest and best in the country!
Oklahoma State Fair volunteers provide support during the Fair, the move-in days prior to and move-out days after the Fair. Each volunteer shift will be 3 to 4 hours long.
One mandatory training session is required for all new volunteers each year. During the training session, volunteers will receive the Fair “411” and their FREE Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer t-shirt to wear while volunteering at the Fair.
Volunteers are required to fulfill a commitment of at least 4 shifts during the Fair.
NOTICE - Oklahoma State Fair, Inc., will require background checks for each 2016 Oklahoma State Fair volunteer.
Please email Shannon Crossley with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
OSF Volunteers Have Year-Round Fun:
Oklahoma State Fair Volunteers enjoy activities all year long. In addition to the State Fair, volunteers get together for fun and educational opportunities throughout the year including socials, dinners and development opportunities. The highlight of the year is the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet in November.
In addition to all the year-round free-food and fun, volunteer members enjoy the following incentives:
- FREE Fair Gate Admission and FREE Season Parking good for the entire Fair.
- Access to a convenient and restricted parking area during the Fair for easy in and easy out.
- Access to a Volunteer HQ Lounge during the Fair – whether working or not. Come in, take a load-off, and relax.
- A FREE official Volunteer t-shirt each year.
- Volunteers may also attend the Annual Appreciation Banquet.
Early Bird Shift Registration: Thursday, May 5, at the Annual Spring Fling Event at State Fair Park. New Volunteers may register any time from May 16 thru August 24 this year. So, don’t just come to the Fair this year, be a part of it.
Spring Fling: Thursday, May 5 - Doors open and check-in begins at 5:30 p.m.
- All Spring Fling attendees will be asked to complete a volunteer application, a background check form and sign up to volunteer for the 2016 Oklahoma State Fair. Feel free to bring a guest (over the age of 18) to the Spring Fling that is interested in volunteering at the Fair. No children please.
2016 Orientation and Training Dates: If you are enrolled to be a 2016 Oklahoma State Fair Volunteer, attendance at one of the two offered training nights is mandatory.
- September 13 - Doors open and check-in begins at 5:30 p.m.
- September 14 - Doors open and check-in begins at 5:30 p.m.
Training night location:
Oklahoma State Fair - Administration Building
3001 General Pershing Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107